Manduka® is a brand of reference in the yoga world. It’s designed by yogis and loved by teachers everywhere: it’s light and offers some serious grip even in the sweatiest hot yoga classes.
In their range, they have a particular mat eKO lite, which is made from biodegradable natural tree rubber, manufactured with zero waste and with no harmful plasticizers or foaming agents. The brand has created the LiveOn mat recycling program partnering with Renewal Workshop, which consists in moving towards zero waste. If you are based in the US, you purchase a mat with them and you can ship yours back at no extra cost.
Manduka yoga wear and accessories are “Made for Good”. The brand believes that the practice and the planet are intertwined: “To honor one, we honor both.” The brand uses fabrics made from recycled polyester, organic cotton and/or plant-based material because they’re kinder to the earth and comforting to your body. Created for and by yoga enthusiasts, Manduka’s products exceed the needs of all practitioners while also promoting an ethos of quality, thoughtfulness and sustainability.
In the range you’ll find yoga straps, cork blocks, blankets, yogi towels, bolsters, carriers and bags:
- All Manduka yoga straps are lightweight and durable, ensuring slip-free support for even the most challenging positions.
- Manduka cork blocks are made of renewable sustainable cork, this high-quality yoga block has a firmness not found in foam blocks, and allows you to feel secure in the support it generously provides. There are no toxic chemicals used in the manufacturing of these cork yoga blocks.
- Manduka Blankets: the brand has two blankets in its range of yoga accessories. The Peruvian recycled cotton yoga blanket with a touch of luxe and yet rustic fabric moves the way you want it to. Also, the recycled wool blanket is made out of 100% recycled fibers, this blanket is moldable and foldable to support your body in restorative and dynamic yoga poses for the ultimate warmth, comfort, and versatility.
- Manduka yogitoes®: these yoga towels will help you prevent slipping no matter how much you move or sweat. Ultra absorbent, lightweight and quick drying. Yogitoes® features our patented Skidless® Technology, which utilizes silicone nubs to grip your mat and keep you in place. Durable enough to take anywhere: the beach, the gym, pilates or travelling. In terms of sustainability, the towels are made from no fewer than eight discarded plastic bottles. The vibrant colors are created free of AZO, lead and heavy metal dyes to protect our workers, our customers and our environment.
- eQua® yoga bolster: Manduka has a large range of yoga bolster available, all made with an outer microfiber cover is made with the eQua® microfiber fabric, a recyclable synthetic material, engineered for performance & durability. The bolsters are lightweight, classic, round bolster featuring a resilient, long-lasting fibre-fill to create a firm cushion for the support you are looking for.
- Manduka Carriers and Bags: the bags have separate compartments that will keep your mat, clothing and personal items organized and protected. Both Carriers and Bags are made of materials that are certified by OEKO-TEX, an environmental certification agency in Europe for the textile industry that ensures the safety of the manufacturer, people and planet
- Read more about 80+ Eco-friendly sports gifts for yogis [Ultimate guide]
39 Ethical eco-friendly yoga accessories gear & props [Ultimate Guide]
- 28 Ethical & Eco-friendly Yoga Clothes Brands